Thursday, December 29, 2011

Looking back - 2011

This has been another year of great events for me! Another granddaughter joined the family, we traveled to the Mediterranean and Greece for a whole month, and I photographed some fabulous families - not just my own. :) Here is a teeny tiny selection of my favorite photos of the year.

I started 2011 participating in MCP Actions Project 52 - inspiration for a photo a week. This happy orange tulip made spring appear on my kitchen counter when the world outside was still bleak and gray with winter.

Another Project 52 photo - Things Around the House. This height chart is taped to the wall in my sewing room. It measured my children's heights back in the 80's and 90's and now their children's heights are added right along side them. What a treasure!
.

Our favorite camping spot, Pearl Lake State Park in Colorado. Although the Pine Beetle has devastated the area, we still find such peace and beauty there! The worry wrinkles smooth themselves off my face just thinking about being there. Everyone should have a place like Pearl.



A couple of 1st birthdays this year and a couple of 2nd birthdays in the family - {Love!}







Our 28 day cruise vacation in the Mediterranean. UNBELIEVABLE photo opportunities! 





My first year as a professional photographer has definitely been a start-up year. All costs, and almost no income. But I did get to shoot some people that weren't directly related to me. Will RBP ever be more than a hobby? It remains to be seen.  However it works out, I am happy.




The highlight of this year in my family was the birth of grandchild #7, Isabelle. And I had the honor and privilege to be able to capture her delivery. I introduce to you, Isabelle Hope.





Finally, a couple random favorites. The flag that has waved Let Freedom Ring on our front porch every day for a decade since 9/11. Always Remember.

And the one little person with whom I have spent the most time (other than her grandfather), Miss B.

Happy New Year! I know 2012 will bring as many adventures as we have had this year. I'm ready!









1 comment:

  1. I love this, Rhonda! RBP should definately become more than a hobby, in my opinion! You have a great eye and your photos capture so much love and emotion. To 2012 and beyond! :-)

    ReplyDelete