Sunday, January 9, 2011

Project 52 and stuff

I’ve posted this on my Facebook page, but in case someone actually reads my blog too, I figured I’d share the fun photo doodling I’ve spent time on since New Year’s Day.  Creating at least one photograph a week that is purely recreational, creative fun is the challenge. Well I’m up for that! Last week I submitted 3 pictures to the group for the assignment called “Things Around the House.”

Week 1-Things around the house (3)

This little guy is my grandson, Jamison. He’s going to turn One Year Old on 2/2/11. He was visiting last week, and we were in need of a highchair. But I don’t have one. So I tied him to a barstool with an apron! Perfect example of ingenuity using things around the house. Smile

Week 1-Things around the house (2)

The second submission t Project 52 is a photo of this growth chart tacked up to the wall in my sewing room. The markings on it show my children’s heights through the 80’s and 90’s. And now, my grandchildren are marking their height alongside their parent’s! Very cool thing around the house.

_MG_0480

The third submission was a portrait of my littlest granddaughter, who had been visiting with her mommy. She just awoke from a nap on the ottoman next to the sofas where my daughter and I were chatting. I was captured by the sunlight on her little angel face and had to get a picture. You can see the pressure marks on her face that match the fabric of the furniture where she slept.

Week 2 of Project 52 is underway. and the assignment is “Illustrate a Song.” I’ve submitted two (of 3 allowed) so far, but since today was a snowy, icky day and the power was out, So I have lots more than what I had originally planned. The songs I want to try to illustrate are: “The Long and Winding Road” by the Beatles, “This Little Light of Mine," (a Sunday School song,") and “Bell Bottom Blues,” by Eric Clapton.

Week 2 - Illustrate a song (Bell Bottom Blues)

Bell Bottom Blues – by Eric Clapton. This is a little glass bell from a wedding reception we attended many years ago. My granddaughter is delighted by the tinkling sound, so I took a picture of it while we played, and washed the image in blue.

Week 2 - Longing For Spring (W.A. Mozart)

Longing for Spring – by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. This isn’t what I had originally planned, but since today was a snowy, icky day and not fit to go out, I stood at my back door snapped pictures of the birds at the feeders and other snow covered objects in the yard. I think this collage illustrates that longing from Mozart’s song.

And these are just more photo fiddling that helped pass the time for me.

_MG_0628_MG_0629_MG_0580_MG_0610

It’s going to be good for me to have a creative challenge every week. I hope you enjoy it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment