Thursday, October 14, 2010

My baby's lullaby.

I wrote this song when I was waiting for my first baby to be born. Now I share it again with my grandbabies.

Lullaby
Baby, soft as kitten's fur, eyes as bright as stars up in the sky,
Lullaby.
Lay your head upon my breast, Mama's rockin' slow, all through the night.
Close your eyes.
My baby, angel-child, now close your eyes.

Lullaby, child, goodnight.
Close your eyes, child, sleep tight
Through the night,
Lullaby
Through the night.

Baby, sweet as honeycomb, tiny fingers curled to rub your eyes,
Lullaby.
Fold your hands upon your dress,
Mama's singin' low, all through the night.
And you're mine.
My baby, angel-child, I know you're mine.

Lullaby, child, goodnight.
Close you're eyes, child, sleep tight
Through the night,
Lullaby
Through the night.

Run and jump and play all day,
Sure, you fall, but that's okay.
Bring a tattered toy for me to mend.
When you smile, then I can see
Your daddy's dimple on your cheek.
How sad, another day that has to end...
But when it does, we'll say goodnight again.

Lullaby, child, goodnight.
Close your eyes, child, sleep tight
Through the night,
Lullaby
Through the night.

1 comment: